Saturday, May 19, 2012

Just do it!

Wow!!! What a day! So as I said in my last post I was going to a goat care presentation today. Well I wish I would have listened better because my youngest won a bottle baby in the raffle. This little guy is such a doll but from what I have read/heard bucks get nasty! And this little guy had fleas, you bing it and they supposedly don't get fleas, well THEY DO. So now I can add giving a goat a bath to my list of things I have done in my life! So just like Squirty this little guy got a bath and blow dry in mama's lap! This last week I rebottled my wine, started a new batch of strawberry wine, crocheted a really cute mesh bag, learned Shady Grove on my dulcimer, and of course got a baby goat!!! What'd y'all do this week?

6 comments:

  1. He is so cute!!! You are such a busy gal! Hope the strawberry wine turns out. Where do you find your recipies for it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks we think he's pretty cute. We have to build a goat pen and barn so we can get him some lady friends ;) I am hoping to get the pen built by this weekend so he won't take up so much of my time. I was inspired to make wine from The Foxfire Book of Winemaking. I originally wanted to make wine without all of the additives and just make it like the old mountain people, but once I went to the brew store I got sucked into buying a bunch of powders and junk. So the mulberry wine has all the extra stuff in it but I am letting my strawberry wine ferment naturally so we'll see how that turns out ☺

      Delete
  2. I went four-wheeling, weeded my raised beds, learned how to build a fire, roasted red hot dogs over said fire, took lots of pictures, enjoyed the sun, cleaned and re-cleaned and then tidied my house, read too little, wrote too little, but might actually be getting a tan even though I apply copious amounts of sunscreen to myself every morning. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds fun! I need to make time to clean, I try to avoid my domestic duties as much as possible ;)

      Delete
  3. Oh what a cute goat! I have a daughter that REALLY wants one...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My daughter ♥'s this little guy but the new has already started to wear off and it hasn't been a full week yet! Everything I have heard/read about bucks is they get real gross. I am hoping our little guy doesn't get as nasty as people say. I am going to get him some lady friends so maybe that will keep him happy ☺

      Delete