Wednesday, May 9, 2012

What's up?


Since last week, I have harvested mulberries and started a batch of homemade wine ☺ Made goat cheese which I now crave daily ☺ Made goats milk soap ☺ Made butter  ☺ Crocheted yet another dishcloth ☺ Tucked the bunnies under some trees to protect them from the heat ☺ Did some gardening and I think that's it!

We had to put chicken wire around the garden, the chickens have been driving me nuts running through it every day. The meat birds are now on finishing feed so the countdown to freezer camp begins! In my garden I already have pea pods, tiny peppers and green tomatoes! Can't wait for harvest time!
I am researching dairy goats and going to a goat care presention next weekend. Hopefully we will learn alot and start building a shelter and fence. Any advise on goats would be greatly appreciated☺
Happy Mother's Day Mommy's! Enjoy your weekend!

5 comments:

  1. Sounds like you've been busy! Love the homemade dish cloths. My grandmother makes them for me! I don't have a goat, but I do like soft cow cheese, butter and soap!!! Your soap looks good btw! Don't you just love it?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! This is my third time to make soap. The first time was shea butter, the second was shaving soap, my husband didn't care for it but me and my big girls ♥ it, and then this batch of milk soap. I added a little honey and vanilla to it and it smells good, I can't wait to use it!

      Delete
  2. Okay, way to set to the bar REAL HIGH for productivity! ;) And here I've been all proud of just building a couple raised beds and holding a tape measure a few times.

    Consider me motivated! (Thanks for that. heehee)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL!!! I was worthless one whole day after all that work! Raised beds are awesome and they take alot of time to build and fill with good dirt, but they are worth it! I have five and one big square garden. I don't ♥ my square garden. I can cram alot more veggies into the raised beds and not worry about walkways, and they are easier to weed. Have a productive week ;)

      Delete
  3. WOW oh Wow! Now there is some motivation to get up and back out into the swing of things! Your soap looks great! Have fun at the goat presentation, and Happy Mother's Day! :)

    ReplyDelete