Saturday, February 18, 2012

Granola!!!

My second day of work my little one had fever so I had to stay home. I made granola. I have wanted to make it for awhile but never had. It's really good :) My honey loves it and my kids made me buy a bunch of yogurt to put it in. In my opinion it's messy to eat but if your dog is around she will gobble up the mess you make. I am going to try mixing it with yogurt on Tuesday when I go back to work because I made such a mess on Friday. Here is the recipe......
3 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
1 cup raw almonds
1/2 cup roasted pumpkin seeds ( I may omit these next time)
1/2 cup sunflower seeds ( without the shell ;)
3/4 cup dried coconut flakes
1/2 cup maple syrup ( I splurged and bought 100 % maple)
1/3 cup cold pressed vegetable oil
1/2 cup flour
2 tsp cinnamon
pinch of salt
1/4 cup apple or orange juice
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 tsp almond extract
1/2 cup raisins
1/2 cup dried apricots, chopped
Preheat oven to 300* F Oil baking sheet with olive oil, set aside
Combine oats, almonds, pumpkin and sunflower seeds, coconut, cinnamon, salt, and flour
In a seperate bowl combine syrup, oil,  juice and extracts
Pour wet ingredients over dry slowly, mix well spread on baking sheet
Turn granola every 10-15 min. bake for a total of 45-60 minutes or until granola is golden
Let cool for 10 minutes or so then add the raisins and apricots.
Store in airtight container

No comments:

Post a Comment