Friday, December 21, 2012

Friday...

We're still here! YEAH!!!! Yesterday was crazy windy! 55+mph wind gusts with 35mph sustainable winds and it was cold! At some point something got one of my chickens :(  It may have been the big cat I've seen creeping around. It's been a few months since we have lost any birds, but not long enough. So thank God today is a beautiful day and I am able to stay outside with the critters!!!! I have moved my Miss Lolly (rabbit) into the house. I think she's really pregnant this time! She has built a beautiful nest and is as big as a barn! She is due Christmas day and we are supposed to have snow and really cold temps. I can't have the fur babies out in that! Our grandpa had found a chinchilla cage, I'm not one to turn down any sort of critter cage especially free!!! So I cleaned it up, it took forever it was NASTY, calmly (it's a miracle) got Lolly into the pet taxi and brought her in. My husband had built the rabbits fully enclosed boxes with a little rabbit hole to get in and out of, so when I looked in hers I found the most beautiful nest! So I brought her rabbit box/nest in and opened the door to the new cage and just sat the box in front of the door. Fingers crossed for healthy baby buns on Christmas! This will be my first and I have had rabbits for almost two years, so I'm excited ☺

5 comments:

  1. We are still here as well-All though it is still about 7 hours and 20 min. till midnight... it is cold and incredibly windy..but nothing like up north.

    Baby bunnies for Christmas ....how sweet! Can't wait to see pics of the little ones..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am barely still here! What a day. But it was neither the Mayans nor the bunny rabbits fault.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kelly,

    I truly hope you have little bunnies for the holiday! You must share pictures with your blogger friends.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We got blasted friday and saturday as well, I put the winter plastic on the chicken coop to keep the wind off of them. Nasty day to be outside for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh so jealous! :) We didn't get any babies this year and Christmas babies, how fun is that! :)

    ReplyDelete