Sunday, January 6, 2013

Guns

I'm not a big fan of guns, they scare the living crap out of my little dog. If she hears one she heads for the hills and won't stop! They are loud and sometimes scary especially in the wrong hands. They also protect our farm animals from unwanted predators, provide food for the table, and would really come in handy if someone was trying to break in your house to harm you or your family.
When we moved to our little piece of heaven, the hubs machismo went through the roof!!! He could burn trash, the burn barrel was smoking constantly! He could walk through the woods, which was our backyard before we cleared it and he could shoot guns! His interest in guns grew over time, he started building targets for the backyard. He has a pretty cool set up out back to shoot and his friends from town would come over and shoot their guns, even our neighbor has used the targets, since our land backs up to a hill. My little one loves collecting the spent shells from the yard and putting them in her fort! Now my husband spends his time stock piling ammo and not shooting any of it! This is sad to me!!!

8 comments:

  1. I think what is sad is the morals and values of our society today. I'm certainly not in a position to know, but perhaps your husband is concerned with providing food for and protecting his family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is doing the right thing, I just hate that the government is affecting something he enjoys. The anxiety over the gun ban has made it hard to find bullets and who would want to shoot guns for fun if they can't find replacement bullets.

      Delete
  2. You might want to remind him that in order to use that stored ammo efficiently, he'll have to use at least some of it to keep in good practice!!

    Ammo will just keep going up & up in price, so I guess technically it is an investment.

    Just trying to play Devil's Advocate here ;)

    PS - tell your little one to keep all those casings as brass is fetching a pretty "penny" these days in scrap & for re-loaders if it's the right caliber!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My skirting around mentioning the government has made it appear I'm frustrated with the hubs, which I'm not. I am hoping once this gun ban is settled everyone will calm down and bullets won't be so hard to find so he can enjoy shooting his guns again.
      The hubs is too frugal to buy brass plus he doesn't know how to reload YET!

      Delete
  3. I actually agree with your husband. It may be sad but now is the time to protect our rights and arm ourselves "just in case". Sad but true in this day and age.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with you both, read my reply to Carolyn. I don't like mentioning the government on the internet, so my post sounds like I'm pissed at my husband LOL! I mentioned the Census Bureau once on FB and my computer went wonky, followed by harrassing visits from their agent! So I try to avoid the G word online ☺

      Delete
  4. That is what we do.. Stockpile our ammo. And in order to keep in practice. We shoot .22 cheaper and more of it.. atleast for now.
    I also have a .22 conversion kit for my evil black rifle so that I don't have to use the expensive .223. This why I keep in practice with it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Every law that gets passed creates more criminals. They should just pass a law against murder, whoa, wait a minute they already did that, hmmmm.

    ReplyDelete